Community Development / Planning Department
The Community Development and Planning Department is responsible for:
- Economic development initiatives
- Administering and enforcing various sections of the City Code including the zoning code, subdivision ordinance, and sign regulations
- Reviewing and managing development proposals, zoning cases, subdivision plats, site plan review, ordinance amendments, conditional use permits, interim use permits, and variances
- Code enforcement
- Preparation and implementation of the city’s comprehensive plan
- Administering and monitoring various state and federal grant applications
- Addressing and mapping
- Responding to information requests from residents, local business owners, and developers
- Administering housing and redevelopment programs
- Providing professional advice, technical expertise and information support to other city departments, City Council, and committees
- Providing staff support for the City Council, Economic Development Authority, Planning Commission, Urban Affairs Committee, and other committees
Rockport, LLC AUAR
Backyard sheds can provide much needed storage space, but all accessory structures should meet minimum standards pertaining to size, location, and maintenance. Please observe the following guidelines to ensure compliance with your accessory structure. Read on...
Remember summer watering restrictions are currently in place. Irrigation systems and sprinklers may not be used between the hours of 11 AM and 6 PM; May 1st through September 30th. Read on...
Summer is always a busy time of year with home projects, lawn maintenance, summer activities, sports, and vacations. Here are a few helpful ordinances to remember over the summer months: Read on...