Community Development / Planning Department
The Community Development and Planning Department is responsible for:
- Economic development initiatives
- Administering and enforcing various sections of the City Code including the zoning code, subdivision ordinance, and sign regulations
- Reviewing and managing development proposals, zoning cases, subdivision plats, site plan review, ordinance amendments, conditional use permits, interim use permits, and variances
- Code enforcement
- Preparation and implementation of the city’s comprehensive plan
- Administering and monitoring various state and federal grant applications
- Addressing and mapping
- Responding to information requests from residents, local business owners, and developers
- Administering housing and redevelopment programs
- Providing professional advice, technical expertise and information support to other city departments, City Council, and committees
- Providing staff support for the City Council, Economic Development Authority, Planning Commission, Urban Affairs Committee, and other committees
Fischer Sand and Gravel 2016 AUAR
Fischer Sand and Aggregate, LLP Updated AUAR and Mitigation Plan – Please note that this program works best in Chrome or Firefox
Over nighttime hours permissible noise levels are reduced and certain activities are restricted. Electronic sound systems, loud dogs, and parties should be reported to 911. Courtesy should always be taken to avoid nighttime disturbances. Read on...
Are you a pool owner preparing to close your pool down for the season? Here are a few helpful tips that will help you keep your property in compliance through the process. Read on...
Do you have items for disposal accumulating around the house, garage, or yard? Drop by the Apple Valley Clean-up Day event on Sat, September 25 between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Read on...